transformed(redirected from Transformed Dreams)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. trans·formed, trans·form·ing, trans·forms
1. To change markedly the appearance or form of: "A thick, fibrous fog had transformed the trees into ghosts and the streetlights into soft, haloed moons" (David Michael Kaplan).
2. To change the nature, function, or condition of; convert: A steam engine transforms heat into mechanical energy. See Synonyms at convert.
3. Mathematics To subject to a transformation.
4. Electricity To subject to the action of a transformer.
5. Genetics To subject (a cell) to transformation.
To undergo a transformation.
The result, especially a mathematical quantity or linguistic construction, of a transformation.
[Middle English transformen, from Old French transformer, from Latin trānsfōrmāre : trāns-, trans- + fōrma, form.]