turboprop(redirected from Turboprops)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A turbojet engine used to drive an external propeller.
2. An aircraft in which a turboprop is used. Also called propjet.
1. (Aeronautics) an aircraft propulsion unit where a propeller is driven by a gas turbine
2. (Aeronautics) an aircraft powered by turboprops
2. an airplane equipped with one or more turbo-propeller engines.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||turboprop - an airplane with an external propeller that is driven by a turbojet engine|
fanjet engine, turbofan engine, turbojet engine, turbojet, turbofan, fanjet, fan-jet - a jet engine in which a fan driven by a turbine provides extra air to the burner and gives extra thrust
propeller plane - an airplane that is driven by a propeller