Teutonic(redirected from Tutonic)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Of or relating to the ancient Teutons.
2. Of or relating to the Germanic languages or their speakers.
[Latin Teutōnicus, from Teutōnī, Teutons; see Teuton.]
1. (Peoples) characteristic of or relating to the German people: Teutonic thoroughness.
2. (Historical Terms) of or relating to the ancient Teutons
3. (Languages) (not used in linguistics) of or relating to the Germanic languages
(Languages) an obsolete name for Germanic
Teu•ton•ic(tuˈtɒn ɪk, tyu-)
2. (of habits, traits, cultural features, etc.) characteristically German, or having a characteristically German manifestation: Teutonic thoroughness.n.