Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. tweaked, tweak·ing, tweaks
1. To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply: tweaked her sister's ear.
2. To adjust; fine-tune: tweaked her computer setup.
3. To make fun of; tease.
1. To behave in an agitated or compulsive manner, especially when under the influence of a stimulant drug.
2. To be under the influence of a stimulant drug, especially methamphetamine.
1. A sharp, twisting pinch.
2. A small adjustment: made a few tweaks to the sound system.
3. A teasing remark or action; a joke.
[Probably variant of dialectal twick, from Middle English twikken, from Old English twiccian.]
(Tools) slang an engineer's small screwdriver, used for fine adjustments