Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of northeast Texas east-southeast of Dallas. Founded in the mid-1800s, it is noted for its rose-growing industry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biography) John. 1790–1862, US statesman; tenth president of the US (1841–45)
2. (Biography) Wat (wɒt). died 1381, English leader of the Peasants' Revolt (1381)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Anne, born 1931, U.S. novelist.
2. John, 1790–1862, 10th president of the U.S. 1841–45.
3. Wat or Walter, died 1381, English leader of the peasants' revolt of 1381.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Tyler - elected vice president and became the 10th President of the United States when Harrison died (1790-1862)|
|2.||Tyler - a town in northeast Texas|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.