meadowsweet(redirected from Ulmaria filipendula)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Ulmaria filipendula: meadowsweet
1. Any of various shrubs of the genus Spiraea of the rose family, especially S. alba of North America, having tapered clusters of small white or light pink flowers.
2. Any of various perennial herbs of the genus Filipendula of the rose family.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Plants) a Eurasian rosaceous plant, Filipendula ulmaria, with dense heads of small fragrant cream-coloured flowers. See also dropwort1
2. (Plants) any of several North American rosaceous plants of the genus Spiraea, having pyramid-shaped sprays of small flowers
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any plant of the genus Spiraea, of the rose family, esp. S. latifolia, having white or pink flowers.
2. any plant of the closely related genus Filipendula (or Ulmaria).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995