umbrella tree(redirected from Umbrella Tree (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A small magnolia tree (Magnolia tripetala) of the southeast United States, having large leaves clustered in an umbrellalike form at the ends of the branches.
2. See schefflera.
1. (Plants) a North American magnolia, Magnolia tripetala, having long leaves clustered into an umbrella formation at the ends of the branches and unpleasant-smelling white flowers
2. (Plants) Also called: umbrella bush any of various other trees or shrubs having leaves shaped like an umbrella or growing in an umbrella-like cluster
1. an American magnolia, Magnolia tripetala, having large leaves in umbrellalike clusters.
2. any of various other trees resembling an umbrella.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||umbrella tree - erect evergreen shrub or small tree of Australia and northern New Guinea having palmately compound leaves|
genus Schefflera, Schefflera - large genus of shrubby and climbing tropical plants having showy digitately compound foliage
|2.||umbrella tree - small deciduous tree of eastern North America having creamy white flowers and large leaves in formations like umbrellas at the ends of branches|
magnolia - any shrub or tree of the genus Magnolia; valued for their longevity and exquisite fragrant blooms