messaging(redirected from Unified messaging)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A usually short communication transmitted by words, signals, or other means from one person, station, or group to another: I found the message you left at my desk. She sent me a quick message by email.
b. The substance of such a communication; the point or points conveyed: gestured to a waiter, who got the message and brought the bill.
2. A statement made or read before a gathering: a retiring coach's farewell message.
3. A basic thesis or lesson; a moral: a play with a message.
v.tr. mes·saged, mes·sag·ing, mes·sag·es
1. To send a message to.
2. To send as a message: messaged the report by cable.
To send a message; communicate.
Deviating from a planned set of remarks or positions: The aides worried that the candidate would make a gaffe if he went off message.
Following a planned set of remarks or positions.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Medieval Latin missāticum, from Latin missus, past participle of mittere, to send.]
1. (Computer Science) the practice of sending and receiving written communications by computer or mobile phone
2. (Telecommunications) the practice of sending and receiving written communications by computer or mobile phone