Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Unitarian: Unitarian Church
1. An adherent of Unitarian Universalism.
2. A monotheist who is not a Christian.
3. A Christian who is not a Trinitarian.
[From New Latin ūnitārius, monotheist, from Latin ūnitās, unity; see unity.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a supporter of unity or centralization
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) of or relating to unity or centralization
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) another word for unitary
1. (Theology) theol a person who believes that God is one being and rejects the doctrine of the Trinity
2. (Christian Churches, other) ecclesiast an upholder of Unitarianism, esp a member of the Church (Unitarian Church) that embodies this system of belief
3. (Theology) ecclesiast an upholder of Unitarianism, esp a member of the Church (Unitarian Church) that embodies this system of belief
(Christian Churches, other) of or relating to Unitarians or Unitarianism
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
U•ni•tar•i•an(ˌyu nɪˈtɛər i ən)
1. a member of a liberal religious denomination founded upon the doctrine that God is one being, and giving each congregation complete control over its affairs. Compare Unitarian Universalist.
2. (l.c.) a person who maintains that God is one being, rejecting the doctrine of the Trinity.
3. (l.c.) an advocate of unity or centralization, as in government.adj.
4. of or pertaining to the Unitarians or their doctrines.
5. (l.c.) unitary.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Unitarian - adherent of Unitarianism |
Unitarian Church - the Protestant denomination that rejects the doctrine of the Trinity
|Adj.||1.||Unitarian - of or relating to or characterizing Unitarianism|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → unitario
B. N → unitario/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007