Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Unitarian: Unitarian Church
1. An adherent of Unitarian Universalism.
2. A monotheist who is not a Christian.
3. A Christian who is not a Trinitarian.
[From New Latin ūnitārius, monotheist, from Latin ūnitās, unity; see unity.]
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a supporter of unity or centralization
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) of or relating to unity or centralization
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) another word for unitary
1. (Theology) theol a person who believes that God is one being and rejects the doctrine of the Trinity
2. (Christian Churches, other) ecclesiast an upholder of Unitarianism, esp a member of the Church (Unitarian Church) that embodies this system of belief
3. (Theology) ecclesiast an upholder of Unitarianism, esp a member of the Church (Unitarian Church) that embodies this system of belief
(Christian Churches, other) of or relating to Unitarians or Unitarianism
U•ni•tar•i•an(ˌyu nɪˈtɛər i ən)
1. a member of a liberal religious denomination founded upon the doctrine that God is one being, and giving each congregation complete control over its affairs. Compare Unitarian Universalist.
2. (l.c.) a person who maintains that God is one being, rejecting the doctrine of the Trinity.
3. (l.c.) an advocate of unity or centralization, as in government.adj.
4. of or pertaining to the Unitarians or their doctrines.
5. (l.c.) unitary.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Unitarian - adherent of Unitarianism |
Unitarian Church - the Protestant denomination that rejects the doctrine of the Trinity
|Adj.||1.||Unitarian - of or relating to or characterizing Unitarianism|