watermark(redirected from Unwatermarked)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
a. A mark showing the greatest height to which water has risen.
b. A line indicating the heights of high and low tide.
a. A translucent design impressed on paper during manufacture and visible when the paper is held to the light.
b. The metal pattern that produces this design.
3. Information directly encoded into the data portion of an image, video, or audio file that identifies the copyright owner or a licensed user. In image or video files, a watermark may be either visible or invisible.
tr.v. wa·ter·marked, wa·ter·mark·ing, wa·ter·marks
1. To mark (paper) with a watermark.
2. To impress (a pattern or design) as a watermark.
3. To insert (a digital file) with a watermark.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a distinguishing mark impressed on paper during manufacture, visible when the paper is held up to the light
(Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) to mark (paper) with a watermark
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
wa•ter•mark(ˈwɔ tərˌmɑrk, ˈwɒt ər-)
1. a figure or design impressed in some paper during manufacture, visible when the paper is held to the light.
3. to mark (paper) with a watermark.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: watermarked
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||watermark - a line marking the level reached by a body of water|
line - a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent
high-water mark - a line marking the highest level reached
low-water mark - a line marking the lowest level reached
|2.||watermark - a distinguishing mark impressed on paper during manufacture; visible when paper is held up to the light|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
watermark[ˈwɔːtərmɑːrk] n (on paper) → filigrane mwater meadow n (mainly British) → prairie f inondable
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995