Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Ute or Utes
1. A member of a Native American people formerly inhabiting a large area of Colorado, Utah, and northern New Mexico, with present-day populations in northeast Utah and along the Colorado-New Mexico border.
2. The Uto-Aztecan language of the Ute.
[From Utah, Ute Indian, from American Spanish Yuta; akin to Southern Paiute yuuttaci.]
n. pl. utes Informal
A utility vehicle.
(Automotive Engineering) informal Austral and NZ short for utility6
npl Utes or Ute
1. (Peoples) a member of a North American Indian people of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico, related to the Aztecs
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Shoshonean subfamily of the Uto-Aztecan family
Informal. a utility vehicle.
n., pl. Utes, (esp. collectively) Ute.
1. a member of an American Indian people of Utah and W Colorado.
2. a dialect or group of dialects of the Uto-Aztecan language shared by the Utes and Southern Paiutes.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Ute - a member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico|
|2.||Ute - the Shoshonean language spoken by the Utes|