vegetal(redirected from Végétal)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of plants.
2. Relating to growth rather than to sexual reproduction; vegetative.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin vegetālis, from Latin vegetāre, to enliven; see vegetable.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) of, relating to, or characteristic of vegetables or plant life
2. (Biology) of or relating to processes in plants and animals that do not involve sexual reproduction; vegetative
[C15: from Late Latin vegetāre to quicken; see vegetable]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
veg•e•tal(ˈvɛdʒ ɪ tl)
1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of plants or vegetables.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||vegetal - composed of vegetation or plants; "regions rich in vegetal products"; "vegetational cover"; "the decaying vegetative layer covering a forest floor"|
|2.||vegetal - (of reproduction) characterized by asexual processes|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.