high roller(redirected from VIP hall)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One who spends freely and extravagantly, as for luxuries or entertainment.
2. One who gambles rashly or for high stakes.
3. An organization, such as a large corporation, that spends or invests liberally or rashly.
high′-roll′ing (-rō′lĭng) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
slang chiefly US and Canadian a person who spends money extravagantly or gambles recklessly
high rolling n, adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who gambles for large stakes.
2. a person or organization that spends money lavishly and sometimes recklessly.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||high roller - one who spends lavishly and ostentatiously on entertainment; "the last of the big spenders"|
|2.||high roller - a gambler who wagers large sums|
gambler - a person who wagers money on the outcome of games or sporting events
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.