Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A naturally effervescent mineral water from the springs at Vichy.
2. A sparkling mineral water resembling this effervescent beverage.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
nOften shortened to: vichy
1. (Cookery) (sometimes capital) a natural mineral water from springs at Vichy in France, reputed to be beneficial to the health
2. (Cookery) any sparkling mineral water resembling this
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
(or Vi′chy) wa`ter(ˈvɪʃ i)
1. a natural mineral water from springs at Vichy, containing sodium bicarbonate and other alkaline salts.
2. any of various mineral waters of similar composition.Also called vi′chy, Vi′chy.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Vichy water - sparkling mineral water from springs at Vichy, France or water similar to it|
mineral water - water naturally or artificially impregnated with mineral salts or gasses; often effervescent; often used therapeutically
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.