Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Victoria Ny·an·za(nī-ăn′zə, nyän′-)
See Lake Victoria.
Vic•to•ri•a(vɪkˈtɔr i ə, -ˈtoʊr-)
1. 1819–1901, queen of Great Britain 1837–1901; empress of India 1876–1901.
2. Also called Hong Kong. the capital of Hong Kong, on the N coast of Hong Kong island. 1,100,000.
3. a state in SE Australia. 4,502,200; 87,884 sq. mi. (227,620 sq. km). Cap.: Melbourne.
4. the capital of British Columbia, on Vancouver Island, in SW Canada. 66,303.
5. a city in S Texas. 55,330.
6. the capital of the Seychelles. 23,000.
7. Lake. Also called Victoria Nyanza. a lake in E central Africa, in Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya: second largest freshwater lake in the world. 26,828 sq. mi. (69,485 sq. km).
8. (l.c.) a low, light, four-wheeled carriage with a calash top, a seat for two passengers, and a perch in front for the driver.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Victoria Nyanza - the largest lake in Africa and the 2nd largest fresh water lake in the world; a headwaters reservoir for the Nile River|
Africa - the second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean