vinaigrette(redirected from Vinaigrette (food))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A cold sauce or dressing made of vinegar or lemon juice and oil, often flavored with finely chopped onions, herbs, and other seasonings.
2. A small decorative bottle or container with a perforated top, used for holding an aromatic preparation such as smelling salts.
[French, from Old French, diminutive of vinaigre, vinegar; see vinegar.]
1. Also called: vinegarette a small decorative bottle or box with a perforated top, used for holding smelling salts, etc
2. (Cookery) Also called: vinaigrette sauce a salad dressing made from oil and vinegar with seasonings; French dressing
(Cookery) served with vinaigrette
[C17: from French, from vinaigre vinegar]
1. (of food) served with vinaigrette sauce: asparagus vinaigrette.n.
2. a small, ornamental bottle or box for aromatic vinegar, smelling salts, or the like.
A salad dressing made from oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and sometimes flavored with herbs.
začin za salatu od octa i ulja
nước trộn dầu giấm và rau thơm