Vitruvian scroll

(redirected from Vitruvian wave)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Related to Vitruvian wave: Greek key, guilloche, volute, Vitruvian Man
(Arch.) a name given to a peculiar pattern of scrollwork, consisting of convolved undulations. It is used in classical architecture.
- Oxf. Gloss.

See also: Vitruvian

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by G. & C. Merriam Co.