tachycardia

(redirected from WCT)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

tach·y·car·di·a

 (tăk′ĭ-kär′dē-ə)
n.
A rapid heart rate, especially one above 100 beats per minute in an adult.

[tachy- + Greek kardiā, heart; see cardia.]

tach′y·car′di·ac (-dē-ăk) adj. & n.

tachycardia

(ˌtækɪˈkɑːdɪə)
n
(Pathology) pathol abnormally rapid beating of the heart, esp over 100 beats per minute. Compare bradycardia
tachycardiac adj

tach•y•car•di•a

(ˌtæk ɪˈkɑr di ə)

n.
excessively rapid heartbeat.

tachycardia

abnormally rapid beating of the heart.
See also: Heart
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.tachycardia - abnormally rapid heartbeat (over 100 beats per minute)
arrhythmia, cardiac arrhythmia - an abnormal rate of muscle contractions in the heart
Translations
tachykardie

tachycardia

[ˌtækɪˈkɑːdɪə] Ntaquicardia f

tachycardia

nHerzjagen nt, → Tachykardie f (spec)

tach·y·car·di·a

n. taquicardia, aceleración de la actividad cardíaca, gen. a una frecuencia de más de 100 por minuto en una persona adulta;
atrial ______ auricular;
ectopic ______ ectópica;
en salves ______ en salves;
exophthalmic ______ exoftálmica;
fetal ______ fetal;
paroxysmal atrial ______ auricular paroxística;
reflex ______ refleja;
sinus ______ sinusal;
supraventricular ______ supraventricular;
ventricular ______ ventricular.

tachycardia

n taquicardia; paroxysmal supraventricular — taquicardia paroxística supraventricular
References in periodicals archive ?
by construction giant Arabtec, now majority owned by Abu Dhabi fund Aabar, and MalaysiaAAEs WCT.
WCT said the civil suit was "frivolous and without merit.
23 August 2010 - Malaysian rating agency MARC said today it has affirmed the following issue ratings on civil engineering and construction firm WCT Berhad (KUL:WCT):
Arabtec's projects include the world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai, while WCT Engineering built the Formula 1 racetrack in Bahrain and is due to finish a similar venture in Abu Dhabi in 2009.
Gilmore is tied for the WCT lead, having won the last event in Australia.
Babcock & Brown Infrastructure has so far acquired a 51% stake in WCT and has also negotiated an option to acquire the remaining 49% of WCT within two years of its year end.
The Perth men, winners on the European WCT circuit, also missed out on the official world championships.
Chris Quigley, managing director of WCT, said: "Her work as a researcher, translator and facilitator has been invaluable.
The Board of Directors is asking its stockholders to believe that the "management of WCT ResourcesOincluding Mr.
MARC has withdrawn its rating of -IS on WCT Berhad's outstanding MYR 100 million Redeemable Sukuk with warrants.
BANKING AND CREDIT NEWS-August 23, 2010--MARC affirms various issue ratings on WCT Berhad(C)2010 M2 COMMUNICATIONS http://www.
Local contractor, Arabtec and Malaysian engineering firm, WCT Bhd are currently seeking at least Dh1.