References in periodicals archive ?
* SIR - It was interesting to note that Professor John Ball in his recent article criticising the WDA made no reference to the fact that for a number of years he was an employee of the organisation ("WDA's legacy is our present parlous economic state", Feb 29)!
Opposition parties expressed concerns about the way Mr Davies handled the process claiming he attacked and 'denigrated' the work of WDA staff.
But Jane Hutt, AM for the Vale of Glamorgan, said today that she had secured WDA funding for the former town hall and Central Park scheme.
The Tories have tabled a motion in the Assembly today calling on the Government to endorse the comments of Professor Brian Morgan that "the closure of the WDA and the abolition of the 'WDA brand' will probably go down in history as the worst policy decision made in Wales in living memory".
The WDA is due to be merged with the Assembly government from next April but morale is said to have slumped dramatically because of the uncertainty hanging over the future of the agency's staff.
At a public meeting in the village, resident John Lintern said: ``This development is equal to 12 football pitches and the WDA has not even got a customer for it.
Both reports highlight the importance and value of the WDA brand.
The WDA already holds outline planning consent for the use of the 90-acre site as a business park and UK Land & Property had submitted a detailed application for the new offices.
The WDA is also looking into the possibility of extending the 1825m runway by a further 175m or 825m - both of which would mean running the Vale railway line and B4265 through tunnels, and building a new main entrance at the north of the base.
Someone close to the company said: "They still see a positive value in the WDA brand, which they want to extract for the benefit of Wales and the Welsh Government.
Refusal of planning consent for the three storey office development is thought unlikely to impact on UK Land & Property's status as the WDA's preferred developer for the Bryn Cegin site.
``He had a political motive and his beef was not with the police officer but with the WDA,'' he said.
Dictionary browser ?
- We are having a nice time
- We are here for a wedding
- We are on our honeymoon
- We are on our way to ...
- We are on schedule
- We are slightly behind schedule
- We are still waiting to be served
- We are ten minutes late
- We arrived early
- We could share a taxi
- We have to get him to a hospital
- We live in ...
- We must get him to hospital
- We need a second key
- We need more blankets
- We need more crockery
- We need more dishes
- We need more sheets
- We will have to report it to the police
- We would like to go cycling
Full browser ?
- WD-repeat-containing protein 8
- WD-repeat-containing protein 81
- WD-repeat-containing protein 82
- WD-repeat-containing protein 84
- WD-repeat-containing protein 85
- WD-repeat-containing protein 86
- WD-repeat-containing protein 87
- WD-repeat-containing protein 88
- WD-repeat-containing protein 89
- WD-repeat-containing protein 90
- WD-repeat-containing protein 91
- WD-repeat-containing protein 92
- WD-repeat-containing protein 93
- WD-repeat-containing protein An1, homolog
- WD-repeat-containing protein antisense to TP73
- WD-repeat-containing protein antisense to TP73 gene
- WD-repeat-containing protein BING4
- WD-repeat-containing protein Monad
- WD-repeat-containing protein WDC146
- WD-repeat-containing protein WRAP73
- WD40 Domain
- WD40 protein Ciao1
- WD40 protein Wrap53
- WD40 repeat-containing protein encoding RNA antisense to p53
- WD40-repeat protein upregulated in HCC
- WD45 repeat protein interacting with phosphoinositides 4