blue book(redirected from WHO Classification of Tumours Series)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
blue bookalso blue·book (blo͞o′bo͝ok′)
1. An official list of persons in the employ of the US government.
2. A book listing the names of socially prominent people.
3. A blank notebook with blue covers in which to write the answers to examination questions.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a register or directory, esp. of socially prominent persons.
2. a blank book for taking college examinations, usu. with a blue cover.
3. a manual listing the current market value of any of various consumer items, as appliances.
4. a British government publication bound in a blue cover.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blue book - a report published by the British government; bound in blue|
|2.||blue book - a register of persons who are socially prominent|
directory - an alphabetical list of names and addresses
|3.||blue book - a blue booklet used in universities for writing examinations|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.