walk-in(redirected from Walk-ins)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Large enough to admit entrance: a walk-in closet.
2. Located so as to be entered directly from the street: a walk-in apartment.
1. A room large enough to admit entrance.
a. One who arrives for or wishes to get something, such as a service, without having an appointment or reservation.
b. One who defects to another country after walking into its embassy.
1. (Building) (of a cupboard) large enough to allow a person to enter and move about in
2. (Building) US (of a building or apartment) located so as to admit of direct access from the street
3. (Building) (of a flat or house) in a suitable condition for immediate occupation
1. of or pertaining to persons who walk into an office or store from the street without an appointment.
2. large enough to be walked into: a walk-in closet.n.
3. a customer, patient, etc., who arrives without an appointment.
4. something large enough to be walked into, as a refrigerator.
5. an assured victory.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||walk-in - person who walks in without having an appointment; "the emergency room was overrun with walk-ins"|
|2.||walk-in - an operative who initiates his own defection (usually to a hostile country) for political asylum|
|3.||walk-in - an assured victory (especially in an election)|
|4.||walk-in - a small room large enough to admit entrance|
room - an area within a building enclosed by walls and floor and ceiling; "the rooms were very small but they had a nice view"
|Adj.||1.||walk-in - (of e.g. closets or refrigerators) extending very far enough back to allow a person to enter; "a deep walk-in refrigerator"; "walk-in closets"|
deep - having great spatial extension or penetration downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or laterally or outward from a center; sometimes used in combination; "a deep well"; "a deep dive"; "deep water"; "a deep casserole"; "a deep gash"; "deep massage"; "deep pressure receptors in muscles"; "deep shelves"; "a deep closet"; "surrounded by a deep yard"; "hit the ball to deep center field"; "in deep space"; "waist-deep"
walk-in[ˈwɔːkɪn] CPD walk-in closet N (US) → alacena f ropera
walk-in customer N a lot of our business is from walk-in customers → hacemos mucho negocio con los clientes que entran de la calle
walk-in clinic N clínica donde no hay que pedir hora para ver al médico
walk-in condition N in walk-in condition → en condiciones de habitabilidad, habitable
walk-in pantry N → despensa f
walk-in wardrobe N (US) → alacena f ropera