Wesleyan(redirected from Wesleyan University (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Of or relating to John or Charles Wesley or to Methodism.
1. (Protestantism) of, relating to, or deriving from John Wesley
2. (Protestantism) of, relating to, or characterizing Methodism, esp in its original form or as upheld by the branch of the Methodist Church known as the Wesleyan Methodists
3. (Protestantism) a follower of John Wesley
4. (Protestantism) a member of the Methodist Church or (formerly) of the Wesleyan Methodists
Wes•ley•an(ˈwɛs li ən, ˈwɛz-)
1. of or pertaining to John Wesley, founder of Methodism.
2. pertaining to Methodism.n.
3. a follower of John Wesley.
4. Chiefly Brit. a Methodist.
Wes′ley•an•ism, Wes′ley•ism, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Wesleyan - a follower of Wesleyanism|
Methodist - a follower of Wesleyanism as practiced by the Methodist Church
|Adj.||1.||Wesleyan - of or pertaining to or characteristic of the branch of Protestantism adhering to the views of Wesley; "Methodist theology"|