wham(redirected from Wham!)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A forceful, resounding blow.
2. The sound of such a blow.
v. whammed, wham·ming, whams
To strike or crash into with resounding impact.
To collide or strike with great force.
Used to indicate the sound of a forceful blow or collision.
a forceful blow or impact or the sound produced by such a blow or impact
an exclamation imitative of this sound
vb, whams, whamming or whammed
to strike or cause to strike with great force
[C20: of imitative origin]
n., v. whammed, wham•ming. n.
1. a loud sound produced by an explosion or sharp impact.
2. a forcible impact.v.t., v.i.
3. to hit or make a forcible impact, esp. so as to produce a loud sound.
Past participle: whammed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||wham - hit hard; "The teacher whacked the boy"|
hit - deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument; "He hit her hard in the face"
1. A sudden sharp, powerful stroke: