sidebar(redirected from Win8 Sidebar)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. A brief section of text or another feature that appears alongside a more detailed discussion of a subject, often separated graphically in a box.
2. Law A conference between a judge and the attorneys of a case being tried, held outside of the jury's range of hearing.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (in a newspaper, website, etc) a short article placed alongside and providing additional information about a longer one
2. any subsidiary or supplementary thing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a short news feature alongside and highlighting a longer story.
2. a typographically distinct section of a page, as in a book or magazine, that amplifies or highlights the main text.
3. a conference between the judge and lawyers out of the presence of the jury.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sidebar - (law) a courtroom conference between the lawyers and the judge that is held out of the jury's hearing|
consultation - a conference between two or more people to consider a particular question; "frequent consultations with his lawyer"; "a consultation of several medical specialists"
|2.||sidebar - a short news story presenting sidelights on a major story|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.