sealant(redirected from Wood sealer)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A substance, such as sealing wax, used to seal a surface to prevent passage of a liquid or gas.
2. A plastic resin used in dentistry to coat the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to prevent the growth of cavity-causing bacteria.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Chemistry) any substance, such as wax, used for sealing documents, bottles, etc
2. (Chemistry) any of a number of substances used for stopping leaks, waterproofing wood, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any of various liquids, paints, chemicals, or soft substances applied to a surface or circulated through pipes, that dry to form a watertight coating.
2. any of various resins applied to the chewing surfaces of teeth to prevent decay.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sealant - a kind of sealing material that is used to form a hard coating on a porous surface (as a coat of paint or varnish used to size a surface)|
sealing material - any substance used to seal joints or fill cracks in a porous surface
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
sealant[ˈsiːlənt] n → mastic msea legs npl → pied m marin
to find one's sea legs → commencer à avoir le pied marin
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Dichtungsmittel nt
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
sealantn (dent, etc.) sellador m
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.