security blanket(redirected from Wubby)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A blanket carried by a child to reduce anxiety.
2. Informal Something that dispels anxiety.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a policy of temporary secrecy by police or those in charge of security, in order to protect a person, place, etc, threatened with danger, from further risk
2. a baby's blanket, soft toy, etc, to which a baby or young child becomes very attached, using it as a comforter
3. informal anything used or thought of as providing reassurance
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a blanket carried by a child to provide reassurance.
2. any object that gives a feeling of security.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||security blanket - anything that an adult person uses to reduce anxiety|
thing - an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
|2.||security blanket - a blanket (or toy) that a child carries around in order to reduce anxiety|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.