Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Yakut or Ya·kuts
1. A member of a people inhabiting the region of the Lena River in eastern Siberia.
2. The Turkic language of the Yakut.
npl -kuts or -kut
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of the Sakha Republic, in Russia
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Turkic branch of the Altaic family
n., pl. -kuts, (esp. collectively) -kut.
1. a member of a people of E Siberia, living mainly in the Lena River valley and adjacent areas.
2. the Turkic language of the Yakuts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Yakut - a member of a Turkic people of northeastern Siberia (mainly in the Lena river basin)|
Turki - any member of the peoples speaking a Turkic language
|2.||Yakut - the Turkic language spoken by the Yakut|