Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. (Historical Terms) of, relating to, or like a yeoman
2. having the virtues attributed to yeomen, such as staunchness, loyalty, and courage
in a yeomanly manner, as in being brave, staunch, or loyal
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
yeo•man•ly(ˈyoʊ mən li)
1. of the condition or rank of a yeoman.
2. pertaining to or characteristic of a yeoman; sturdy and dependable; staunch.adv.
3. like or as befits a yeoman.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.