Zebulun(redirected from Zabulon)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Zeb·u·lonalso Zeb·u·lun (zĕb′yə-lən)
In the Bible, a son of Jacob and Leah and the forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
nDouay spelling: Zabulon
1. (Bible) the sixth son whom Leah bore to Jacob: one of the 12 patriarchs of Israel (Genesis 30:20)
2. (Bible) the tribe descended from him
3. (Bible) the territory of this tribe, lying in lower Galilee to the north of Mount Carmel and to the east of the coastal plain
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Zeb•u•lun(ˈzɛb yʊ lən)
1. a son of Jacob and Leah. Gen. 30:20.
2. one of the 12 tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from him.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.