zag(redirected from Zages)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Zages: zagging
One of a series of sharp turns or reversals: many zigs and zags in the mountain road; the zigs and zags of the stock market.
intr.v. zagged, zag·ging, zags
1. To turn or change direction suddenly. Usually used in contrast to zig: The runner zigged when he should have zagged.
2. To behave erratically or indecisively. Usually used with zig: zigging and zagging for years over the question of disarmament.
1. one in a sequence of sharp turns
2. a sharp change of direction
3. to change direction sharply
4. to behave in an unpredictable or indecisive manner
in a changeable manner
v.i. zagged, zag•ging.
to move in one of the two directions followed in a zigzag course.