aba(redirected from Abas)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Abas: ABSA
A city of southern Nigeria northeast of Port Harcourt. It is an important market and transportation center.
1. American Bankers Association
2. American Bar Association
3. American Booksellers Association
4. American Basketball Association
1. A fabric woven of the hair of camels or goats.
2. A loose-fitting sleeveless garment made of this fabric or of wool, traditionally worn by Arabs.
3. See abaya.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) a type of cloth from Syria, made of goat hair or camel hair
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a sleeveless outer garment of such cloth
1. (Boxing) (in Britain) Amateur Boxing Association
2. (Journalism & Publishing) American Booksellers Association
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a•ba(əˈbɑ, ˈɑ bə)
n., pl. a•bas.
1. a coarse fabric woven of camel's or goat's hair.
2. a loose, sleeveless outer garment made of this fabric or of silk, worn by Arabs.
[1805–15; < Arabic ‘abā'(ah)]
a town in SE Nigeria. 264,000.
1. Amateur Boxing Association.
2. American Badminton Association.
3. American Bankers Association.
4. American Bar Association.
5. American Basketball Association.
6. American Book Award.
7. American Booksellers Association.
8. Associate in Business Administration.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||aba - a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs|
|2.||aba - a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.