endomorph(redirected from abdominal type person)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A mineral enclosed within another mineral, such as rutile or tourmaline in quartz.
2. An individual characterized by relative prominence of the abdomen and other soft body parts developed from the embryonic endodermal layer.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Psychology) a person with a fat and heavy body build: said to be correlated with viscerotonia. Compare ectomorph, mesomorph
2. (Minerals) a mineral that naturally occurs enclosed within another mineral, as within quartz
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a mineral enclosed within another mineral.
2. a person of the endomorphic type.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||endomorph - a heavy person with a soft and rounded body|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
pudge - a short fat person
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
endomorph[ˈendəʊmɔːf] N → endomorfo/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → Pykniker(in) m(f)
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. endomorfo-a, de torso más pronunciado que las extremidades.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012