acquainted(redirected from acquaintedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Known by or familiar with another.
2. Informed or familiar: Are you fully acquainted with the facts?
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (sometimes foll by with) on terms of familiarity but not intimacy
2. (foll by with) having knowledge or experience (of); familiar (with)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||acquainted - having fair knowledge of; "they were acquainted"; "fully acquainted with the facts"|
familiar - well known or easily recognized; "a familiar figure"; "familiar songs"; "familiar guests"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. familiar with, aware of, in on, experienced in, conscious of, informed of, alive to, privy to, knowledgeable about, versed in, conversant with, apprised of, cognizant of, up to speed with, au fait with, switched-on about (informal) He was well acquainted with European literature.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.