Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to actionable: actionable intelligence
1. Giving cause for legal action: an actionable statement.
2. Relating to or being information that allows a decision to be made or action to be taken.
3. Capable of being put into practice: proposed several actionable measures to reduce the federal deficit.
(Law) law affording grounds for legal action
ac•tion•a•ble(ˈæk ʃə nə bəl)
1. furnishing grounds for a lawsuit: actionable negligence.
2. capable of being readily used: actionable data.
Able or likely to give rise to a legal action.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||actionable - affording grounds for legal action; "slander is an actionable offense"|
unjust - violating principles of justice; "unjust punishment"; "an unjust judge"; "an unjust accusation"