activating(redirected from activatingly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. ac·ti·vat·ed, ac·ti·vat·ing, ac·ti·vates
1. To set in motion; make active or more active.
2. To organize or create (a military unit, for example): activate the National Guard.
3. To treat (sewage) with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition.
4. Chemistry To accelerate a reaction in, as by heat.
5. Physics To make (a substance) radioactive.
6. Biology To convert (a molecule or cell) into a form that carries out a specific action: activate an enzyme; activate B cells.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||activating - the activity of causing to have energy and be active|
activity - any specific behavior; "they avoided all recreational activity"
electrification - the activity of thrilling or markedly exciting some person or group
|Adj.||1.||activating - causing motion or action or change |
causative - producing an effect; "poverty as a causative factor in crime"