References in periodicals archive ?
This makes the plant an adaptogen (a substance that stimulates the body's defensive mechanism), antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, tonic and an oestrogen enhancer.
Adaptogen herbs such as Ashwagandha help lower the effects of stress and hormonal imbalances
This plant is an adaptogen, which means that it re- stores homeostasis after physical and psychological stress.
Lavender supports stress relief, and ashwagandha, an adaptogen, helps the body adapt to stressful situations by lowering our cortisol levels.
Naomi says ginseng is a universal winner: a blanket fixer adaptogen that can lift the spirits and ward off colds and flu.
This product contains the adaptogen ginseng and vitamins B6, B9 and B12, thereby adding energy claims to the beverage.
It is an adaptogen which can help in de-stressing mind and enhancing motivation.
While studies in fruit flies don't necessarily translate directly into human benefits, this is an important step in the right direction for unraveling the longevity effects of the adaptogen rhodiola, which has been part of traditional medical practices in Asia and Europe for centuries.
rosea) is a botanical adaptogen with putative anti-stress and antidepressant properties.
1,2] The root of ginseng are used as tonic and known to be adaptogen as it is condition to have the abilities to normalize body functions and strengthen systems that are compromised by stress, and also, these adaptogens are reported to have a protective effect on health against a wide variety of environmental assaults and emotional conditions.
Agnus castus is one of the most important you can take at the menopause because it works as an adaptogen, generally balancing all hormone production.
An exotic Indian herb used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine and other Asian healing systems to treat sties& ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as winter cherry, is considered by modem scientists to be an adaptogen (a natural herb that increases the body's resistance to stress, trauma, anxiety, and fatigue).
Dictionary browser ?
- adapter card
- adaptive immune response
- adaptive immune system
- adaptive immunity
- adaptive optics
- adaptive radiation
- Adar Rishon
- Adar Sheni
- add on
- add to
- add together
- add up
- Addams Charles Samuel
- Addams Jane
Full browser ?
- Adaptive-Buffer Rate Control
- adaptive-control function
- Adaptive-Reference Echo Cancellation
- Adaptive-Response-Rate Single Exponential Smoothing
- Adaptive-Subspace Growing Cell Structures
- Adaptive-Subspace Self-Organizing Map
- Adaptive-Template Movement
- Adaptive-Transform-Excited Linear Prediction
- Adaptive/Automatic Beamforming
- Adaptively Controlled Beam Facing
- Adaptively Weighted Vector-Median Filter
- Adaptivität und Benutzermodellierung in Interaktiven Softwaresystemen
- Adaptivity and Personalization in Ubiquitous Learning Systems
- Adaptivity and User Modeling in Interactive Systems
- Adaptivity, Wavelets & Finite Differences
- Adapton Sleep
- Adapton Sleep
- Adaptor Australia
- adaptor complex sigma3B
- Adaptor hypothesis
- Adaptor molecules
- Adaptor protein
- Adaptor protein
- Adaptor Protein 2
- Adaptor Protein 3
- Adaptor Protein Complex 1
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 mu-1 subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 mu-2 subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1A subunit
- Adaptor protein complex AP-1 sigma-1C subunit