Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to adultness: idleness
1. One who has attained maturity or legal age.
2. Biology A fully grown, mature organism.
1. Fully developed and mature.
2. Relating to, intended for, or befitting adults: adult education.
3. Containing or dealing in explicitly sexual material; pornographic: adult movies.
[From Latin adultus, past participle of adolēscere, to grow up; see adolescent.]
the state or quality of being an adult; an impression of maturity