Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Acted upon, influenced, or changed.
2. Emotionally stirred or moved.
3. Infected or attacked, as by disease.
1. Assumed or simulated to impress others: an affected accent.
2. Speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression.
3. Disposed or inclined.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||affectedness - the quality of being false or artificial (as to impress others)|
unnaturalness - the quality of being unnatural or not based on natural principles
unaffectedness - not affected; a personal manner that is not consciously constrained
|2.||affectedness - a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
pretending, pretense, feigning, simulation, pretence - the act of giving a false appearance; "his conformity was only pretending"
attitude - a theatrical pose created for effect; "the actor struck just the right attitude"
radical chic - an affectation of radical left-wing views and the fashionable dress and lifestyle that goes with them