Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to affective: psychomotor, affective disorder, effective, affective domain, affective learning, Affective Behavior
caused by or expressing feelings; emotional; causing emotion or feeling: It was an affective scene that brought tears to the audience.
Not to be confused with:
effective – producing the intended result: Her effective speech caused many to volunteer.; actually in force: The new law becomes effective on January 1.
1. Influenced by or resulting from the emotions.
2. Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
af′fec·tiv′i·ty (ăf′ĕk-tĭv′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (Psychology) psychol relating to affects
2. concerned with or arousing the emotions or affection
affectivity, afˈfectiveness n
af•fec•tive(ˈæf ɛk tɪv)
1. caused by or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
2. causing emotion or feeling.
[1540–50; < Medieval Latin]
af•fec•tiv•i•ty (ˌæf ɛkˈtɪv ɪ ti) n.
affective- Describing the emotional meaning of an utterance.
See also related terms for utterance.