affective(redirected from affective congruency)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Influenced by or resulting from the emotions.
2. Concerned with or arousing feelings or emotions; emotional.
af′fec·tiv′i·ty (ăf′ĕk-tĭv′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (Psychology) psychol relating to affects
2. concerned with or arousing the emotions or affection
affectivity, afˈfectiveness n
af•fec•tive(ˈæf ɛk tɪv)
1. caused by or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
2. causing emotion or feeling.
[1540–50; < Medieval Latin]
af•fec•tiv•i•ty (ˌæf ɛkˈtɪv ɪ ti) n.
affective- Describing the emotional meaning of an utterance.
See also related terms for utterance.