Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Follow-up care provided after a medical procedure or treatment program.
2. Care provided to children after school, especially in an organized setting.
1. (Social Welfare) support services by a welfare agency for a person discharged from an institution, such as hospital, hostel, or prison
2. (Medicine) med the care before and after discharge from hospital of a patient recovering from an illness or operation
3. (Commerce) any system of maintenance or upkeep of an appliance or product: contact lens aftercare.
af•ter•care(ˈæf tərˌkɛər, ˈɑf-)
the care and treatment of a convalescent patient.
n. convalescencia, restablecimiento;