Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Being of advanced age; old.
2. Characteristic of old age.
3. (ājd) Having reached the age of: aged three.
4. (ājd) Brought to a desired ripeness or maturity: aged cheese.
5. Geology Approaching the base level of erosion.
Elderly people considered as a group. Used with the.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
in a manner resembling that of an aged person
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014