aglet(redirected from Aglets)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A tag or sheath, as of plastic, on the end of a lace, cord, or ribbon to facilitate its passing through eyelet holes.
2. A similar device used for an ornament.
1. a metal sheath or tag at the end of a shoelace, ribbon, etc
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a variant spelling of aiguillette
3. (Clothing & Fashion) any ornamental pendant
[C15: from Old French aiguillette a small needle]
1. a tag or ornament at the ends of a shoelace, cord, ribbon, etc.
aglet- The plastic or metal covering on the end of a shoelace (formerly called the point) that makes it easier to thread through the eyelet holes.
See also related terms for plastic.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||aglet - metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon|
sheath - a protective covering (as for a knife or sword)
|2.||aglet - ornamental tagged cord or braid on the shoulder of a uniform|