Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
A hole or opening that allows for the passage of air, especially to facilitate breathing.
1. a hole that allows the passage of air, esp for ventilation
2. (Physical Geography) a section of open water in a frozen surface
3. (Aeronautics) a less common name for air pocket1
1. an opening to admit or discharge air.
2. an opening in the frozen surface of a river or pond.
3. air pocket.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||air hole - a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly|
atmospheric phenomenon - a physical phenomenon associated with the atmosphere
|2.||air hole - a hole that allows the passage of air|
hole - an opening deliberately made in or through something