airbrush(redirected from airbrushed)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
An atomizer using compressed air to spray a liquid, such as paint, on a surface.
tr.v. air·brushed, air·brush·ing, air·brush·es
1. To spray with an airbrush.
a. To alter (an image, especially a photograph) by means of an airbrush or other technique in order to increase its attractiveness or conceal an unwanted part.
b. To alter or obscure (an unwanted part) in an image, especially by using an airbrush.
c. To alter (a report, for example) in order to conceal or obscure unpleasant details.
d. To obscure or delete (unpleasant details) in a report or other document.
(Art Terms) an atomizer for spraying paint or varnish by means of compressed air
1. (Art Terms) to paint or varnish (something) by using an airbrush
2. to improve the image of (a person or thing) by concealing defects beneath a bland exterior: an airbrushed version of the government's record.
1. an atomizer for spraying paint.v.t.
2. to paint or decorate using an airbrush.
3. to remove or alter by or as if by means of an airbrush.
4. to prettify or sanitize: airbrushed versions of modern history.
Past participle: airbrushed
A compressed-air powered atomizer which is used to spray paint. Shaped like a large fountain pen, it produces a fine mist of color giving a smooth finish with subtle tonal gradations. The instrument is commonly used in advertising and graphic design.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||airbrush - an atomizer to spray paint by means of compressed air|
|Verb||1.||airbrush - paint with an airbrush; "The old car looks like new now that we airbrushed it"|
paint - apply paint to; coat with paint; "We painted the rooms yellow"