Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a. The time at which a radio or television program is broadcast: The host lost her voice just before airtime.
b. Time during a radio or television broadcast: a news program giving more airtime to celebrity gossip.
2. The amount of time during which a cell phone is connected to a network.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Broadcasting) the time allocated to a particular programme, item, topic, or type of material on radio or television
2. (Broadcasting) the time of the start of a radio or television broadcast
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or air′ time`,
1. the particular time scheduled for the broadcast of a radio or television program.
2. the time during which a particular broadcast takes place on a given station.
3. the time during which calls are made or received on a mobile phone.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.