Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to all-American: American eagle
1. Representative of the people of the United States or their ideals; typically American: an all-American family; their all-American generosity.
2. Sports Chosen as the best amateur in the United States at a particular position or event: an all-American fullback.
3. Composed entirely of Americans or American materials: an all-American negotiating team; cars of all-American manufacture.
4. Of all the American nations: an all-American conference.
often All-American An all-American athlete.
1. representative of the whole of the United States
2. composed exclusively of American members
3. (of a person) typically American: the company looks for all-American clean-cut college students.
1. selected as the best in the United States, as in a sport: the all-American college football team.
2. representing the entire United States.
3. composed exclusively of American members or elements.n.
4. an all-American player or team.