Also found in: Thesaurus.
all-a·round(ôl′ə-round′) also all-round (ôl′round′)
1. In all or most respects: We had an all-around good time.
2. Comprehensive in extent or depth: a good all-around education.
3. Able to do many things well; versatile: an all-around athlete.
(prenominal) the US equivalent of all-round
1. able to do many things; versatile: an all-around athlete.
2. broadly applicable: an all-around education.
3. being so in all matters: an all-around failure.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||all-around - many-sided; "an all-around athlete"; "a well-rounded curriculum"|
comprehensive - including all or everything; "comprehensive coverage"; "a comprehensive history of the revolution"; "a comprehensive survey"; "a comprehensive education"
1. Covering a wide scope: