Researchers said that the allergic reaction
can be life-threatening.A
In response, the parents of tragic teenager Natasha Ednan-Laperouse - who died of an allergic reaction
to a Pret A Manger baguette - have called for urgent research into why more young people are having allergic reactions
In fact, according to FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education), an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life and health of individuals with food allergies, an allergic reaction
to food sends someone to the emergency room every three minutes in the United States.
Love Island star MEGAN BARTONHANSON opens up on This Morning about her terrifying hospital dash after the 25-year-old has an allergic reaction
to hair dye.
As a result, the company believes that the ARS-1 formulation may enable people to easily deliver epinephrine in emergency situations more rapidly, and with less hesitation, at the onset of an allergic reaction
, as compared to currently available epinephrine auto-injectors.
This kind of allergic reaction
is often accompanied by hives, itchy skin, swelling of the mouth and eyes and even full-blown anaphylaxis.
An 11-year-old boy died from an allergic reaction
to the smell of fish that was being cooked in his home at Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday night, police sources said.
The family of a mum who died after a suspected allergic reaction
to Pret A Manger food said they "want answers".
Natasha Ednan-Laperouse suffered a fatal allergic reaction
to sandwich PRET A Manger did not label 'artisan' baguettes as containing sesame seeds despite six allergic reaction
cases in the year before a teenager's death, an inquest has heard.
A: Antihistamines are medications that reduce or block histamine, a chemical produced by the body during an allergic reaction
. Antihistamines may also be used as sedatives and sleep aids, and they are found in some cold and cough remedies.
According to authorities the British teen is likely to have died from an allergic reaction
, and suffered from asthma.
They are most concerning among children, as they may unknowingly eat something that leaves them at risk of an allergic reaction
. Experts therefore advise that children or their guardians carry an epipen with them at all times.