feedback(redirected from alpha feedback)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. The return of a portion of the output of a process or system to the input, especially when used to maintain performance or to control a system or process.
b. The portion of the output so returned.
c. Sound created when a transducer, such as a microphone or the pickup of an electric guitar, picks up sound from a speaker connected to an amplifier and regenerates it back through the amplifier.
2. The return of information about the result of a process or activity; evaluative response: asked the students for feedback on the new curriculum.
3. The process by which a system, often biological or ecological, is modulated, controlled, or changed by the product, output, or response it produces.
a. the return of part of the output of an electronic circuit, device, or mechanical system to its input, so modifying its characteristics. In negative feedback a rise in output energy reduces the input energy; in positive feedback an increase in output energy reinforces the input energy
b. that part of the output signal fed back into the input
2. (Telecommunications) the return of part of the sound output by a loudspeaker to the microphone or pick-up so that a high-pitched whistle is produced
3. (Jazz) the whistling noise so produced
a. the effect of the product of a biological pathway on the rate of an earlier step in that pathway
b. the substance or reaction causing such an effect, such as the release of a hormone in a biochemical pathway
5. (Journalism & Publishing) information in response to an inquiry, experiment, etc: there was little feedback from our questionnaire.
6. (General Engineering) (tr) to return (part of the output of a system) to its input
7. to offer or suggest (information, ideas, etc) in reaction to an inquiry, experiment, etc
1. the return of part of the output of a circuit, system, or device to the input, either purposely or unintentionally, as in the reflux of sound from a loudspeaker to a microphone in a public-address system.
2. the furnishing of data concerning the operation or output of a machine to an automatic control device or to the machine itself, for monitoring or regulating operations.
3. a response to a particular process or activity.
4. information derived from such a response.
5. a self-regulatory biological system, as in the synthesis of some hormones, in which the output or response affects the input, either positively or negatively.
The return of a part of the output of a system or process to the input, especially when used to regulate an electrical system or an electronic process. Computers use feedback to regulate their operations.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||feedback - the process in which part of the output of a system is returned to its input in order to regulate its further output|
natural action, natural process, action, activity - a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
negative feedback - feedback in opposite phase with (decreasing) the input
|2.||feedback - response to an inquiry or experiment|
feedback→ الإفَادَةُ بِالرَّأْي odezva feedback Feedback ανταπόκριση reacción palaute commentaire povratna informacija feed-back 意見 피드백 feedback tilbakemelding opinia zwrotna feedback обратная связь återkoppling ผลสะท้อนกลับ geribildirim phản hồi 反馈
1. n. [information] reprovisión de material informativo distribuido;
2. retroalimentación, retorno parcial del rendimiento o efectos de un proceso a su fuente de origen o a una fase anterior;
v. proveer de nuevo material informativo; regenerar la energía.